Friday, November 5, 2010

And the market still has a pulse!!!!

Up until this past weekend, we only had one showing for our house.  Everyone kept telling me that it "only takes one" and that there is no reason to be concerned.  However, it is hard to not worry when you are on the other side of it.  When you know you are probably moving in seven months and the LAST thing you want to do is have an unsold house in a city you aren't even living in anymore. I had reached out to my realtor who tried to ease my concern by reminding me that the market is dead right now and that we put the house up early knowing that we would really push it when it came to spring time. Although this made me feel a little better, my mood really picked up on Friday afternoon when I got a phone call asking if it was OK to having a showing from 1 -2 pm on Saturday!  OF COURSE IT IS!!! I was so excited that I got up and cleaned my house on Saturday morning and got Sky all ready to go to the park.  I also got another phone call from the real estate office asking if we could have another showing from 2 - 3:30 pm on Sunday!  TWO IN ONE WEEKEND!  A 200% increase in the number of showings thus far!  Right at 1 pm, Moe noticed that a car was sitting outside so we packed up the dog and headed off to the park.  We ate lunch and let Sky play with Jack, her new-found friend.  At 2:10 pm, we decided to pack up and head back to the house.  However, we we pulled up, they were still there which I am hoping is a good sign!  We did a "drive-by" and went and got coffee at Starbucks (Moe is addicted from the long work hours during his surgery rotation).  At 2:30 pm, we arrived back home and they were gone.  Now I am just anxiously awaiting feedback. I hope they like our house as much as we do!

- Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment