Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hasta la vista telephone poles!

So our house has been on the market for almost a month now, and as of last week, we had only one showing.  The one potential buyer gave their feedback saying that master bathroom was too small, and the backyard was too small with a bad view.  Although I should be upset about this, both of these points were ones we observed when first showed the house, but hardly stopped us from buying it (obviosuly).  Most houses in our neighborhood don't even have a master bathroom, and the backyard is small, but is plenty big enough for a crazy golden retriever to "butt-run" around in circles.  As for the view, I have been working on this one for four years.  There are a total of four telephone poles in our backyard of which two are unused and rotting.  I have been in a dispute with AT&T and AEP who both claim that the other company owns the poles and are therefore responsible for removing them.  I had given up on the fight all together until I got the negative feedback from the potential buyer.  Needless to say, the war began again about two weeks ago.  After hours on the phone to get a evaluation set up, I got a call from AEP saying that they notified AT&T that the poles were theirs (something that they had done four times in the last four years).  After getting into heated argument, the AEP guy agreed to remove the poles and bill AT&T if I promised to stop calling them about this issue.   I immediately responded "DONE".  WIthin two days the poles were removed.  I won after four years.  Better late than never!

- Miss J

1 comment: