Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Twenty-seven or fifty?

Moe was in San Diego this past weekend presenting his research at a medical conference.  I was already sad that I couldn't join him, but when I learned that my brother and sister-in-law were going to drive down from L.A. to meet him, I got even more bummed out.  I also had false hope when Moe called my cell phone Thursday only 15 minutes before I was supposed to board my flight home from Dallas.  He was at the airport about to fly to San Diego but had a connecting flight through Dallas.  He encouraged me to not board the plane and just catch a flight to San Diego instead so we could spend the weekend together.  Excitement overwhelmed me; however, it quickly dissipated as the flight crew informed me that it would cost $800 dollars to change my flights around.  I commend him for his optimism, but It was only a good idea for about three minutes.  Instead, we just waved in the sky as our planes passed.  Anyways, I was stuck at home Friday night with nothing to do.  My evening can be summed up by the following photograph...  




Am I twenty-seven years old or fifty?  Sometimes I can't tell.  It is a good book if you all are looking for something to read. 

- Miss J

1 comment:

  1. um GREAT would be a better word for the book. :)
    and I'm guilty of the same Friday night you. it has it upsides... especially waking up Saturday morning. :)

    ReplyDelete