Monday, November 15, 2010

Restaurant Review: Trattoria Roma

One of the resident's Moe works with swears by this restaurant. Moe and I decided to give it a try as I had a $25 gift certificate to use.  We didn't have a reservation, but when we arrived, we were seated quickly.  It was a small cozy restaurant with dim lighting that created a romantic atmosphere.  I again ordered a glass of Cabernet sauvignon and Moe got the Insalata Della Casa.  We started out with bread which Moe loved, but I thought was a little heavy on the butter/oil and garlic.  I ordered the special which was a ravioli stuffed with butternut squash in a Gorgonzola cream sauce.  I thought the ravioli was fabulous but the sauce was a bit heavy. I was only able to eat about 1/4th of the meal before I had to call it quits because it was so heavy.  Moe got the Parmigiana Chicken which is predictable.  Moe rarely ventures far from the traditional "Chicken Parmesan" on the menu.  However, because he always order it, he has somewhat become a connoisseur for this entree.  His favorite is at Martini Italian Bistro; however, he said this was a close second.  Although, I wasn't a huge fan of the Gorgonzola sauce on my dish, I think I would definitely want to come back and give this restaurant another try.

http://www.trattoria-roma.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment