Thursday, November 4, 2010

Farfalle Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta

I was really excited to cook dinner for Moe so I made a list at work of random ingredients that I had and came up with this creation.  I got a text from Moe at five thirty saying that he would be leaving in 45 minutes from the hospital.  I thought to myself..."PERFECT".   I have plenty of time to make this dish, set the table, and pour some wine.  I get home with little traffic, start the cooking process, only to receive a text 15 minutes before Moe is supposed to arrive that he won't be home for awhile.  Disappointed, I pull the water off the stove to stop it from boiling, and plan to "postpone" my cooking as much as possible so we can eat together.  I finally get on the phone with him to hear "go ahead and eat without me" which quickly followed with a click. Annoyed, I kick up the stove top again to resume my pasta cooking.  Ten minutes later, I get a text saying "Sorry I was so short. I'm getting my a$$ beat here".  Twenty minutes later, I am pouring myself a glass of red wine and eating my pasta dish with Skyler's head politely resting in my lap.  A typical evening for the wife of someone in a surgery rotation. This is good practice for next year when he will be an intern.  Although my dinner date turned out to be for one, the pasta dish still turned out pretty well!

Serves:  4
Source:  Miss J

8.8 oz Farfalle Pasta (Torino - from World Market)
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
1 cup spinach
1/2 onion
1 bell pepper (red or orange)
a handful of pine nuts (probably 1/8 cup)
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
olive oil
salt and pepper

Dice up onion, bell pepper, and garlic and saute with olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.  Once onions and bell peppers are tender, set aside.  Roast pine nuts until slightly golden.  Lightly chop sun dried tomatoes up and add to skillet with pine nuts.  Add bell peppers, onions, and garlic back into the pan. Add chopped spinach and together.  Keep on low heat.  Boil water for pasta.  Cook pasta according to packaging just make sure that it is al dente. Reserve about a 1/2 cup of cooking water.  Lightly toss pasta with olive oil and mix in onion and bell pepper mixture.  Season with salt and pepper and top with feta before serving. 


Ratings:
Moe, 8 out of 10 (he ate leftovers and still wanted to share his opinion on it)
Miss J, 8 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment