Friday, November 26, 2010

Jo Ann's Famous Meatloaf

When I got married two years ago, my good family friend, Jo, gave me her famous meatloaf recipe.  Alot of people keep family recipes a secret; however, I am a firm believer that is ridiculous!  What fun is it to taste something amazing but not be able to get a copy of the recipe to replicate the meal?  Cooking is all about sharing so I am sharing this recipe with you all!


Jo Ann's Famous Meatloaf
Serves: 6
Source: Jo

1-1 1/2 lbs ground beef (I use ground turkey instead)
1 c. peppridge farm stuffing (dry)
1 c. milk
1-2 eggs
1/4 cup onion (chopped)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Sauce:
1/4 - 1/2 cup ketchup
3 - 4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon of mustard (I use honey Dijon)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Mix sauce and set aside.  Mix all remaining ingredients and form a loaf in the bottom of a glass baking dish or loaf pan.  Pour sauce over loaf before baking.  Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on individual oven.

Notes:  If I don't have peppridge farm stuffing, I sometimes use day old bread cubes. Dice 1-2 pieces of bread crumbs and leave out to dry out for approximately 1 day.  You can also bake them in the oven to dry them out if you are in a rush.  

Enjoy!

- Miss J



* Garlic Pine Nut Mashed Potato recipe to follow shortly!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment